Thursday, July 17, 2008

SP More Questions!

What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/
vacation? Well, I never seem to pick just one project! Of course, socks are a must. They are probably my favorite things to knit on planes because they'll fit into any carry on bag, even my laptop bag. Then I usually pack something in my checked luggage that I can work on for a longer time, because I'll probably finish the socks. Maybe a sweater or a complicated pair of gloves or mittens. I might bring lace, but if I do, I'll be sure to bring something else really easy to knit in case I mess up the lace and have to really concentrate to fix a mistake. I also pack my interchangeable needles because I will almost certainly buy some yarn and want to start a new, unanticipated project and I'm tired of buying needles I already have. (At last count I found I had seven Addi turbos in size 5.) Crazy!!!

If you'd like to share a story…Tell us about a time that you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.Well, I always pack too much knitting, in that I almost never finish everything I bring along. Ok, here's a story. I wanted to knit the Leaf Lace sweater (I think that's what it's called) from Loop d Loop. I ordered some pretty celery green yarn from Knit Picks and packed it up to go on a trip. When I took out the pattern, yarn and needles, I discovered that I had somehow stupidly bought the wrong weight of yarn, so I could not start the sweater! Of course, I rushed out to a lys and bought yarn in the correct weight. You can see the sweater on ravelry; I think it's entitled "I must be crazy".

I guess that's enough for now. Tomorrow I will try to post the finished Tilted Duster.
Good night!

No comments: