Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SP12 Again!

The new question is: "What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?" I guess my favorite is one I don't have to cook! But really, for summer? I love fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, vine ripened tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil. A cold plum soup or mango gazpacho beforehand would be lovely, too.

Unfortunately, it's not hot here! Not at all!

Now, on to more important things, like my new spinning wheel! Here she is:

I have never spun on a wheel before, so I just jumped in with both feet (pun intended) and spun some really bad yarn! But amazingly enough, I love it anyway. It is soft and smells nice and I like looking at it. Here is the first 65 yards or so of very bulky corriedale:














And one more thing, a fun one, for fans of Firefly -- or not -- Ben's Jayne hat!
This was so much fun and such a quick knit, that I already made another one. Not sure who's going to get it, either Dalya or me. Photo to follow soon....



No comments: